DOG ADOPTION PROCESS
- Application Form completed (Dog Adoption Application), with as much detail as possible including any questions you have and information about existing pets
- Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reviews and contacts successful applicants within approx 3-5 days
- Meet and Greet and yard check with the dog/puppy is arranged at a convenient time for both the MAR representative/foster carer and potential adopter, including introductions to existing animals and all members of the potential home. If there are no issues, the dog/puppy is potentially able to stay at the home from this time for a 2 week trial period to ensure the match is compatible.
- Adoption form is filled in and adoption fee paid (fully refundable within the 2 week trial period)
- Adoption Pack including any relevant certificates and medical documentation is provided after the 2 week trial period.
DOG ADOPTION POLICY
Please note: completing an adoption form does not guarantee that an adoption will take place.
Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reserves the right to choose the most suitable applicant and reject those deemed less suitable.
Occasionally, there can be multiple applications for the one animal and there is NO 'First In - Best Dressed' - the multiple applications are vetted for the most suitable.
We do our utmost to contact all applicants, including those who are unsuccessful, to inform them of the result but as we are staffed by volunteers, most of whom work full time, occasionally responses are overlooked and we apologise in advance if this occurs.
MAR does not adopt to those who are not permanent residents of Australia.